Thursday, January 29, 2009

So Who Is Mitch DeCanter


Mitch DeCanter - so often I have wanted to know who I am. Now at 65 years old, I think I am about to accept myself, thanks to some very important friends. I believe it is better to go back over some of my history, that will tell who I am, and perhaps you will begin to understand why I do not think of myself as normal.

I was born in 1944, during a great world war, in Gainsville Fl. My mom had followed my dad to Gainsville to be near him while he started his military adventure. Three weeks after my birth, Mom went back to Mississippi, in the rural country near Potts Camp Mississippi. When Dad came back from the Army, we lived in several areas of North Mississippi.

I was honored to become the first DeCanter to graduate from High School, due to my Mom's support and encouragement. It seems that I believed that I was dumb, and was conditioned to believe that I would never be anything of Value. However, deep down I knew that I was not dumb, but did not know how to prove it. I made a decisive decision my last year of High School. I knew that I could not make it through college and that I did not have the income to have a college life. I enlisted into the USAF with the dream of becoming someone. I wanted to make my Mom proud of me.

The medical professionals in the USAF discovered that I had a reading deficiency, I am dyslexic, so they taught me how to read. I went to college and carried a 4.0 average. However, I do have to read more critically than most, so when I study I do tend to learn more.

Along the way, I met the most wonderful spouse in Newcastle Wyo, Ms. Jan has traveled with me in "This thing called life" for more that 44 years. We have two daughters living in Ohio.

After I retired from the USAF, I worked in the State of Arkansas with the Public Service Commissioner, I moved to Ohio and did field engineering, then moved back to Mississippi, where I opened my own professional photography studio. At the age of 49, I accepted myself, admitted that I am artists, and started liking myself. My logo is "Touching lives through the Art of Photography" because I like to encourage people.

While I am slowing down with the photography work, I am doing work from my home business. I am not about hype and false hope, but rather I develop RELATIONSHIPS AND FRIENDSHIPS, we then encourage and help each other as we market and work out business. I do provide training and mentoring to anyone will to work hard and stick with it to becoming a successful home based business person. You may see more information about me at http://www.photographybytwinvisions.com/, http://www.enrichwithmitch.com/ and you are welcome to email me at mentormitch@gmail.com. If you are dying to see my low cost easy business, where they give you lots of tools and resources, go to http://globalnpn.com/?id=76992&tag=BG

I am ready to mentor you. Mitch DeCanter

No comments: